Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Site Optimization, Behavioral Targeting and eMetrics

I attended eMetrics on May 4th and 5th.
On May 4th, I taught a full day class on Web Analytics for Site Optimization. This class was a part of the WAA base camp series.
This class showed the tricks, tools and techniques needed to improve the websites, increase engagement and improve conversion rates. Some of the topics that were discussed in this class were
  • Building a measurable site

  • Designing for navigation vs. conversions

  • Improving online persuasion

  • KPIs for ecommerce, content sites, and intranets

  • Understanding visitor behavior

  • A/B & multivariate testing

  • Using advanced metrics such as frequency, recency and latency to increase customer engagement and conversions.


Next day I took the topic of optimization to next step and talked about Behavioral Targeting and how you can use it to increase your online marketing ROI. The topics I covered in my presentations
  • What is Behavioral Targeting?

  • How does it work?

  • What Determines Behavior?

  • What can you target?

  • Why should we use it?

  • Description and examples of Network and Site-Side Targeting

  • 5 Step Process for you to successful Behavioral Targeting

  • ROI Model – Is BT for you?

  • Privacy Issue surrounding BT, results from a survey on privacy and a 5 step process to ensure you don’t run into privacy issues



It is clear that the interest in this topic is increasing. It was evident by the use of this term in several other presentations at the conference and the attendance in my session.

If you missed this presentation and are interested in learning about Behavioral Targeting email me. If you attended the session, I would love to hear your comments and questions.

I wish I could have stayed for the all 4 days of the conference but I had to come back to Seattle to take my US citizenship exam. I am happy to announce that I have I successfully completed the citizenship exam.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:05 PM

    Wow, you were also there? (well, of course you are. hehe) my boss also attended the eMetrics, I don't know if you met her though. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:58 PM

    I'm trying to get into the field do you know of any training classes in NY?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to hear your comments and questions.