1. I was at eMetrics
2. I was not feeling well for 3 days in this month.
I noticed that when I don’t write anything for few days the number of people who subscribe to the feed of this blog goes up. Does anybody have an idea why this is happening? I have my own theory (Well I am a web analyst) but would like to hear from others.
Here is the list of articles that I psoted.
- <Web Analytics Job Market is Hot - Update on the web analytics job market. Last month was the highest ever month in terms of open jobs since January 1st. Open Jobs in web analytics were up 68% from January 1st. Omniture was the most sought after tool experience followed by webtrends. My next update is coming tomorrow.
- Are you doing Web Reporting or Web Analytics? – A lot of marketers confuse web reporting with web analytics. I explain the difference between web reporting and web analytics in this post.
- Live from eMetrics - My quick update from eMetrics in San Francisco.
eMetrics Conference in San Francisco – My second update from eMetrics in San Francisco.
- What does Website Optimization mean? – The word “Optimization” and “Website Optimization” means different things to different people. This article is my attempt to clarify the definition of “Website Optimization”.
- Hot off the press: Actionable Web Analytics – Jason Burby and Shane Atchison of ZAAZ released their first book on Web Analytics.
- Do you really need a home page? - This article was in response to Seth Godin, article "Do you really need a home page? Does the web respect it?". I reiterated what I had said on the similar topic last year.
Web Analyst Interviews
- Web Analyst Interview: Rohan Kapoor
- Web Analyst Interview: Ravi Pathak
- Web Analyst Interview: Daniel Shields
- Future of small Behavioral Targeting Networks is grim - I think with Google, Yahoo and Microsoft all trying to build their own Behavioral Targeting Networks with recent acquisitions of DoubleClick, RighMedia and aQuantive receptively it probably does not make sense to have stand alone Behavioral Targeting networks.
- Behavioral Targeting: Audience of One – My views and follow-up on the Washington past article titled “Web Ads with An Audience of One” discussing the growing use of Behavioral Targeting.
- Google, Yahoo, Microsoft and Cookies – This article talks about how the recent acquisitions by three giants acquisition are not about ad serving technology but about user data and reach.